Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fall is beautiful in Seoul....





Namsan Tower, formerly known as Seoul Tower (or vice versa...) Sweet view of the city. At the top couples "lock" their love there- there are thousands of locks on the fence!

I feel like there isn't much going on here lately- I'm living in Korea now- for 8 months? Everything feels normal to me now (I'm sure it's FAR from normal for friends/family in Canada- but I guess I'm used to it?)... I still feel like I just left yesterday yet my life has gone from homesick, to happy, back to homesick, to crazy party times, homesick, happy- what a rollercoaster ride! I can honestly say though, I'm pretty much the happiest I've been in as long as I can remember! I have some good people in my life right now and it's making things great! I know I can count on my friends/family back home, but it's nice to know that I also have people here in Korea I can count on- and for that, thank you.

Fall has been such a great season here. It went from being a RAINY, WET summer here- I felt like there was a time it rained for weeks (because it did- they call that "rainy season" for a reason)....Then one day, it stopped raining. The weather cooled, but not enough that it was cold- it was comfortable. It can get steamy here in the summer! I've really enjoyed the last couple of months- I've explored a few hidden jems, off the beaten path. I wish it wasn't so far from home- as much as I love it here, I need a little taste of Canadian soil before I continue my adventures.

I took a trip up to Seoul Tower recently with Jake- it was amazing (despite the efforts it took me to get there- with a population in Seoul millions upon millions, travelling can be HECTIC at times, not to mention the G20)...We were there at night, but you could still see the beautiful fall leaves- the weather was actually pretty mild still. It was so nice. We had dinner overlooking the city- such a great time! At the top of the tower there are fences with an observation deck and the fences are covered in locks with little love messages (clearly in Korean so I had no idea what they said..) It was still really cool to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment