Sunday, February 7, 2010

HIRED!!

Well last week was a little exciting/scary/all the above. I got a late night phone call Monday from the new recruiter that I had started talking to. They seemed to know what they were talking about and put 2 good deals on the table- however, the one deal wouldnt start until May (too late for me, I was hoping end of Feb, early March). Back to the call, Ashley (recruiter) told me that if I was interested, a school wanted to have an interview with me! Because of the time difference they would be calling me Tuesday @ 9pm. "Great!" I thought....here we go- FINALLY! Tuesday rolled around and really I wasnt nervous at all...until Ashley called me half hour before to give me some "tips". After that I started stressing- "Say this, don't say that, do this, don't do that..." I started to worry- what if I couldnt understand the person interviewing me? What if I got nervous and had a hard time talking (because I tend to do that under pressure...)? When the phone finally rung, my heart jumped out of my throat! Here it goes....the interview was done by an English man, from England. It lasted 3 mins 43 secs. He asked 2 questions and then said he wanted to hire me? Too good to be true??...Only time will tell because the next day I was sent the contract and signed.....jumping the gun? Perhaps. At this point I'm hoping everything will make it there in time and back in time...because I'm running out of time and the documents take time to process, get VISA number, have an interview at the Korean consulate in Toronto...ahhh! My recruiter is supposed to book the flight once all the information comes in, said I'll be leaving Canada between the 25th-27th. They arrange for a driver to pick me up at the airport and bring me to my place. I will be about 40 mins outside of Seoul, right near Ilsan. I heard good things about this area, that it's catered to younger people. They have good shopping and lots to do around here? Only time will tell!!
I've quit my jobs with a little time before I go to see people and get my life together. I'm hoping my friends/family will be able to make it to the little get together I'm trying to put together, Saturday the 20th- time and location yet to be decided.
As far as the other details go...well....I'll keep everyone posted!!

No comments:

Post a Comment