Tuesday, January 19, 2010

In the beginning....

Hello everyone...as the title states "In the beginning..." this is where it's all starting!! My journey- in all it's truth, so if you can't handle it...end your reading here. Korea- wow! Where did this come from many of you are asking...well to be honest, since the first mention of being able to TRAVEL after becoming a teacher, it's always been in the back of my mind. The push?...There are many "pushes"...money, poor economic outlook of my newest move (Windsor), teaching experience, being able to travel, getting out of my "comfort zone", getting to know myself and singledom. Some days I feel like I'm attempting to run away from my problems, but as someone has pointed out, I'm actually helping to solve some of them- money!!



I wanted to start tracking my progress, my highs and lows, my adventures (I'm sure there will be MANY of them...), I want everyone to know what I'm up to...because I'm sure keeping in touch will be a bit harder across the world. I will still be sending LOTS of post cards/letters/emails/facebook posts/etc. Maybe no more drunk texts though or calls? Going to be kind of hard- unless I can get my hands on an Asian cell phone?! How will that even work?!.... Thus far I must say, I've gotten some GREAT, amazing, useful advice from a lot of people! Strangers, friends, friends of friends, family, bank tellers? Yes, everyone seems to be giving me a little advice, some are even giving me their opinions; go, don't go, stay, do it, etc... At this point- I'm going, no matter what- unless something crazy were to happen? Like...Korea doesn't want me in their country for some reason?? Haha...who wouldn't want me?!



Alright alright, so when am I going? Well I'm not sure. I still need to get my visa- in the process, hoping by next week? I was contacted today by one of my recruiters, potential school, pays one of the highest wages I've seen thus far, with all the perks included- flights, living, etc. Funny to say, I'll be making millions...hahaha...they need someone to go out ASAP though....so maybe I'll be leaving sooner than later?! I'm anticipating that I'll be celebrating my birthday in Korea, perhaps even St Pats day...maybe even Valentines Day?! Who knows....Asian love? Could be in my near future.



More to come...

1 comment:

  1. Mooner!!! I love it almost as much as I love you! Remember "You will never regret doing it, but you might regret not doing it!" You will make memories that you will never forget and meet some really great people along the way!
    I am glad to hand over my gypsy boots to you cause only you can fill them the way they should be!
    I love you so much and wish you the best of luck in the world...I cry as I write this cause I am so happy for you but sad that you will be so far away from me! Wow, my little sister causing trouble on the other side of the world!!!! Who would have thought?!?!?!
    "Reach for the moon, even if you miss you will land amongst the stars!!"
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete